I was a chubby baby, I weighed over 10 lbs and throughout my life I’ve been slim, average, chubby and what doctors call obese. It can be a struggle but through all this, I’ve learned that I can’t let my size determine my worth and I need to love myself no ,matter what size I am even if I’m not the size that society considers acceptable and attractive. If you are struggling to love yourself or your body, you can let go of certain things in order to reach the love you desire. Here are 10 things to stop doing in order to help you truly accept and love your body and all of yourself.
1. Stop blaming your body for bad things in your life.
It’s not your body’s fault. Instead say, “I’m thankful to be on this journey in my life.”
2. Stop letting a look or comment from someone else determine how you feel about yourself.
Say to yourself, “I’m beautiful and I love myself”
3. Stop thinking you aren’t in the body you are supposed to have.
You are in the best body for you. Learn to love yourself and offer yourself reassurance and acceptance.
4. Stop letting the number on the scale or your pant size define you.
What matters most is how you feel, not how much you weigh or the size of your clothing..
5. Stop judging yourself by what you can’t do and instead celebrate what you can.
Don’t be so hard on yourself. Try to say “I can” more often than “I can’t”.
6. Stop being mean to yourself when you look in the mirror.
You are more beautiful than you can ever truly see.
7. Stop joining in when your friends compare and trash their own bodies.
Instead, celebrate your natural beauty and each other’s success.
8. Stop thinking your size is more important than how you feel.
Your health is not determined by your size. Focus on feeling good and taking care of yourself.
9. Stop waiting to reach your goal to enjoy your body.
Your life is happening now. You can choose to hate yourself or love yourself.
10. Stop thinking you don’t matter because of the size your body.
Life is hard enough without you hating yourself. Love yourself no matter what your size.
Enjoy and love yourself because as RuPaul says “If you don’t love yourself, how the hell are you going to love anyone else”.