It is often said that long-term relationships eventually become flat and boring. Many people believe this and expect this to occur to them. When they experience moments in which feelings of desire, or sexual excitement are not as stimulating as before, they assume that the flame has gone out and that the future is bleak and uninspiring. It’s impossible to prevent stale moments from occasionally occurring, however it is possible to strengthen the relationship to minimize their impact and diminish their frequency. You’re probably thinking, there’s a catch but there isn’t one, keeping your relationship fresh, passionate, and exciting—whether you’re 20 or 90—just requires putting more fun and passion in your life.
Try some of these tips to keep passion in your relationship:
- Identify which person can help deepen intimacy.In most relationships, there is one partner who places a higher value than the other on romance. Since this person is more likely to notice when the romance is fading, they have more power to introduce corrections to foster more closeness and playfulness. They are not solely responsibility for keeping an eye on things, but because of their awareness, they are more capable of influencing the depth of your connection.
- Keep dating each other. Leaving the home provides a change of scenery and enlivens things for both partners. Staying home for a date can be fun, too. Try to make dates a regular part of your relationship.
- Unplug. Designate a time for when you will create a tech-free zone which will assure you that there will be no interruptions.
- Dance in private. After dinner you can listen to music together, and then dance. If you’d prefer privacy, try dancing with your partner in your own living room or bedroom.
- Give each other massages. Massage is another great way to keep romance alive. You don’t need a massage table or fancy scented oils—and you don’t have to be a professionally-trained masseuse.
- Hide love notes for your partner to find. Love notes stuck in books, under plates and pillows, and in the drawer will draw smiles of appreciation.
- Speak the language of love to each other. Last, but not least, is the way lovers talk romantic talk. It needs to be sincere, intimate, and full of feeling from the heart.
Taking the time to be with each other will do .wonders to rekindle the spark in your relationship. Remember to have fun and enjoy new things that will bring increased happiness and wellbeing to you and your partner.